Wednesday, February 06, 2008

On... Eldest by Christopher Paolini

I picked up the first book in this series, Eragon, just before the movie was released. If I plan to watch a movie based on a book I try to read the book first.

I remember that I really enjoyed the book but could tell that it was written by a fifteen year old.

Paolini has matured both as a person and as a writer. I got completely captivated by this book and drawn in by Paolini's rapid pace. The book stretches over 600 pages but not once did I find a lull in the story telling. Everythign weaved together. It showed that he must have taken a good deal of time to plan the back story and the intricate working of all of the details.

Paolini's universe is much different than my favorite... Middle Earth. Paolini obviously writes from a non-Christian background. As Eragon searches for answers to figure out his universe Paolini seems to be searching for them as well.

I absolutely loved the book and am eagerly anticipating the release of the third book in the trilogy, Brisinger.

1 comment:

Rose DesRochers said...

I can't wait to read the third book. I just finished the second.


I'm posting under my mom's account as I don't have a Google account. Sorry!


Digital Frenzy
http://www.digitalfrenzy.net