Wednesday, December 27, 2006

On procrastination

I had a completely different direction in mind when I set about to write this entry but as I looked at the dates of the other entries I changed the direction.

I mentioned earlier that I created a rather gargantuan to-do list for Christmas vacation in order to make sure that I didn't waste my vacation. Several of those things on the list were blog posts and brainstorming and editing.

I hate to admit it but I did not start the editing process for Children of the King until just yesterday. I realized that instead of having a simple half hour three times a week for the entirty of vacation I now have enough notations to make for half an hour every single day and a couple days with at least an hour. Hopefully I will use my time wisely here at Hilton Head and progress far enough this week to put myself back on track.

Speaking of editing, when I started work on Children of the King yesterday I realized just how much Historical Research and Writing has affected me. In that class I had to criticize every word of my writing to make sure that it conveyed exactly what I want it to convey.

Even though I don't think that I will end up writing history (historical fiction is more likely) this class helped me in more ways than that.

No comments: