Thursday, February 26, 2009

On lesson planning

One of the things that is drilled into a person going through any teacher training program is that the best of lesson plans will be altered due to unforseen circumstances such as fire drills or absences.

This week we had testing and the schedule was changed even from when the sixth grade team worked out a schedule. Because of this change things got pushed back. No big deal.

I am hoping that the week's worth of plans that I worked on today with my cooperating teacher and the other sixth grade social studies teacher will stand somewhat firm. :D

You never know though. When I got home today I checked my school e-mail and discovered an e-mail from the principal mandating schoolwide use of a particular program for the first twenty minutes of every class period. (I have to go back and check the e-mail now because I can't remember if that was every class or just a certain period. Not that that matters of course. :D) At first I had a "you've got to be kidding moment" but then I realized that we probably would have been doing some sort of catch up because the morning periods are behind regardless of the principal's mandate.

Nice huh?

No comments: