Saturday, February 28, 2009

On cooking

I love the idea of making new recipes and trying new dishes. Many times when I do try a new recipe the result is successful and I end up making said dish several weeks (or more) in a row.

I have a tendency of falling into a rut. I get a taste for something particular and keep eating/listening/reading...whichever until I want something new.

On the cooking front I have the above to keep me in the rut and also my wariness of trying a new dish and having it turn out unsuccessful and thus waste the ingredients. I blame my frugal nature for part of that and then I don't want to fail as well.

I have this new dish that I want to try and was going to cook today but then both Mom and I goofed and got the wrong kind of beans... the kind that required three hours at least cooking time. (I wanted to cook this for supper and it was already five o'clock. Nice huh?)

We'll see how the attempt turns out tomorrow!

No comments: