Tuesday, March 03, 2009

On Murphy's law and snow days

I'm not exactly sure why but the past two snow days that I can remember (yesterday included) I've been sick.

Thankfully I was not as sick this time around as I was last time (Mom and I were both flat on our backs the entire day...I even threw up that time).

Sunday when I found out that I would have the day off because of the snow I was super excited because it would allow me to work ahead even more so that I would for sure not be put behind due to the workshop I am attending on Saturday.

When 9:40 Sunday night came around a sense of dread came with it because I started to feel really terrible. I prayed and prayed that God would help me to still feel okay in the morning.

God chose to change my plans instead. I did not sleep well at all. The longest I slept in a row was the first three hours. As I got closer to morning I kept wanting that clock to roll around to a time when Mom would be up as well so that I could ask her what I should do to feel better.

I think that God's intention for me yesterday (not that I am presuming to know what God intended but you know what I mean) was for me to learn how to let go. I like being in control way too much.

Yesterday I had to take a step back and just let everything go. I had to be okay with not getting anything done and instead lay back and relax so that my body could heal.

I'm starting to feel better... not quite up to snuff yet but feeling good enough to start getting things done... both today's and yesterday's.

God has more to teach me though... more than letting go although I think that letting go is a part of it.

Mom came home from Grandma's last night where they had been discussing who would go out with Aunt Ruth to Houston for her pre-op and surgery which are both coming up way too fast. For some reason I cannot remember the exact dates (except for the date when Mom is coming back home).

She told me then that she would be leaving the next day with Ruth and wouldn't be coming back until the 15th. 12 days. I'm not exactly sure why I got so upset about the whole thing maybe because I was still sick or other hormonal reasons but God used this incident to teach me some things as well.

I'm feeling much better than I did last night and this morning even. I know that God will help me through the nearly two weeks and have at least a few more things to teach me through the whole thing.

Now in a little under a half an hour I'm going to take a little jaunt out to Liquid Highway to pick up my weekly Liquid Highway latte and an extra one as a surprise for Mom. She's coming home to have Grandpa pick her up and drive her up to Charlotte for the flight.

No comments: