Friday, May 16, 2008

On... the rebirth of a computer

Two weeks ago my hard drive unexpectedly decided to take a permanent trip to that better place for computer parts. Because the following week was my last week at my two jobs I focused on finishing well and settled for using my mother's computer until I could take my computer to the apple store to be fixed.

So five days after the hard drive died I took the computer to the apple store, found out what was wrong with my computer and turned down a $120 recovery service fee. (The repair was free because of the wonderful applecare warranty.) The technician told me that my computer would likely be ready Monday or Tuesday of the following week. I didn't realize until later that I would be out of town when my computer was ready.

Once we arrived at the hotel I checked my phone and found a message from the technician saying that my computer was ready. I think that we could have picked up the computer before we left but instead I recovered her three days later on Thursday.

I am so absolutely happy to have my computer back. I also took advantage of the completely clean slate to install the Leopard operating system onto my computer. Today started the long trek back to normalcy by adding all of my information like music and documents that I can recreate in addition to learning the new and really cool features of the Leopard operating system. I feel like I'm using a computer from the future! Not really but the features are awesome.

Oh... I got the added bonus of having the front piece around the keyboard replaced. It had cracked so while they had my computer they replaced it for me.

In the two weeks since my computer stopped working I have read many books but did not bother to write reviews because of the added hassle. Since I'm on vacation until June the reviews will recommence and will most likely become daily as it is my goal to read at least a book a day.

No comments: