Wednesday, January 17, 2007

On feeling overwhelmed

I mean that to say that I have a lot to do this semester.
List: (:D)
Linguistics Paper
Spanish Lit Paper
Creative Writing pieces (poem, short story and etc)
History of Africa Paper
Early National Era Paper
Weekly lesson plan
Bi-weekly club lesson plan
Work Monday through Friday
Fifteen hours of school
Normal homework for above
Breathing... no j/k

As one can see... writing (for my own purposes) is no longer on this list. I simply don't have that much free time to devote to it so it has become a "if time" thing rather than a must do.

I don't feel worried. Contrary to how I've felt in the past I feel quite calm. I know this is what God wants for me. The more I become immersed in this afterschool program the more I realize that I love teaching (just not elementary school... too many subjects) but I also love reading, writing, seeing new things and etc.

Hmm... maybe I should have titled this "On balance"

No comments: