Saturday, January 27, 2007

On term papers

None of my classes actually uses the term "term papers" but most of the major papers that I have to write are just that.

Side note: Is it something about different educational cultures and using "term papers" to describe the huge project for the class? The term seems to be pretty popular in fiction use... such as for a character in college or high school or something. Just ruminating.

Back on track: Because most of my classes are upper level classes (400 or 500 level... most 500s can be slightly altered and used for grad credit aka add a paper or something) there are large projects.

Unfortunately, it doesn't feel that I've really gotten started on them. I feel like I'm falling behind but when I mentioned something of the sort to a friend of mine (a fellow history major, sophomore) she laughed and said something to the effect of 'we're not all like you'. Granted, that's true.

I would rather start working on the project as early as possible to get it out of the way so when the end of the semester rolls around I don't have the immense pressure on my shoulders to get things done. (Of course, that gives me the dilemna of feeling like I need to do something...lol)

Have I really started working on all of my major papers for the semester? Hah, no. I need to though. Most of my daily sort of homework is out of the way now and I will work a little bit on those other papers today. We'll see how far I get though.

Maybe something later I'll actually talk about writing and some realizations I've come to about some of my stories but for now school is my "master". :D

No comments: