Sunday, January 07, 2007

On time

No. Don't expect anything profound. I'm not going to talk or muse on time in general. My intention is to deliberate over how I use my time and allow other things besides my writing to take priority in my time use.

On Thursday school starts up again (with a different schedule than I planned but I won't get into that). Tomorrow I start my new job. Suffice it to say starting tomorrow I have much less time to devote to the things I've gotten into the habit of doing over the break...almost a full month.

I don't honestly have a plan for how I'm going to integrate these new ideas and exercises into my schedule with school (and eighteen credit hours of it) and my new work.

I want to throw myself one hundred percent into everything. I don't have to do that for school. I could get straight Cs in all of my classes and still graduate with honors but at the same time I knew that going into last semester and the idea of getting a B (even though I could) just seemed distasteful to me so I worked as hard as I could. I want to throw myself one hundred percent into my job because I know that it is going to be a lot of work and that this line of work is what I want to be doing after I finish all of my schooling. It's just going to take a chunk of time.

Then there's the thing that I know that I need to do (and do it one hundred percent) but don't always feel like doing and that's eating right and exercising. I know I'm not fat but I also know that I'm not fit and I don't like that. (I'm digressing).

I don't know.

That pretty much sums up what I'm feeling right about now. I don't know how the next four months are going to play out. I don't know how the next year is going to play out. I'm not really sure of anything. Lovely place to be in, isn't it? I say that with a bit of sarcasm but when I take a step back and look at it I know that I really do mean it. This is a lovely position to be in. Because I know very clearly that I don't have the answers or know what I need to do in order to accomplish my responsibilities and goals, I also know that God does and that He will provide those things to me in His timing just like He denied me the job at church in order to give me the job I now have.

If God wants me to succeed at my writing. I will. He will create the time. He will give me the words to write and the knowledge to correct. This really is the best place to be.

2 comments:

Em said...

Hey, congratulations on the job! :) I know that you'll figure out how to integrate all of these things in your life - it seems like such a difficult process, but you're so right that God is with you if writing is what he has for you. (And I can't imagine that it's not - you've loved writing as long as I've known you, so the desire is certainly there!)

Good luck with school this semester - 18 hours is a sizeable load, but the end is in sight! :)

eva said...

Yeah... I'm not taking 18 hours any more... just 15, God worked things out very well and I don't have to take Rome! (heh... long but very cool story)