Thursday, January 18, 2007

On pushing forward

I didn't feel much like writing a post today but I need to keep up this daily exercise in writing (and it's something else I can cross off my to do list :D)

I reached a point today...brought on by a headache probably... that made me realize that without God real life sucks. Yup. I don't normally use that word but it fits the situation.

With my new job (and the commute that it requires) a good twenty hours a week are spent working when before with my minimal job at Streetside I spent on average six to ten hours working with a five minute commute.

It's not that I don't like my job or learning or being busy. I actually love all of those. I love my jobs and the kids (even though they can be wild and extremely disobedient). The commute is fine (I don't love that but I listen to books on tape while I drive... right now it's Robinson Crusoe). I really do love being busy and having a to do list which I can cross off things with my lovely red clickable sharpie.

I'm rambling though. I don't have any really point to make. I'm just rambling to take up a post. Expect more of these to come in the future weeks. I consider them still relevant to my craft simply because when I write these posts I'm exercising my skills in the craft.

3 comments:

Em said...

Haha, I'm a fellow to-do list addict! I love crossing stuff off. You sound like you're keeping pretty busy with all those hours working - how long is your commute now? I wish we had teleporters or something and could just push a button and poof! be wherever we needed to be without all the travel time in between.

eva said...

I happen to be going through some of the longest signals in the Cherrydale area. :D So, depending on traffic it's about twenty-five to thirty minutes. :D

Em said...

Ugh, that's a rotten area to go through with all those lights!