Friday, June 29, 2007

On going to the doctor

I know. two posts in one day. I couldn't decide what to post on and since I have full speed internet access I decided to do both.

This morning I went to the doctor for a physical.

Mom scheduled one for Laura and when she discovered that I was going to be covered under her health insurance scheduled one for me asked if I wanted to have one.

I figured that since I was going out of the country in July (at the time that's what I thought...the trip's been moved back until late October) I should make sure that I'm healthy first. Afterall, I hadn't had a physical in four years, just before I moved down to Charleston.

I'm praying that the insurance company won't drop me because I'm technically not a full time student at the moment but we'll see how that works out. I'm trusting God to provide.

Anyway.

I got there early. My appointment was for 9:30. I ended up arriving at 9:10 although I was shooting for quarter after.

I thought I might actually get out of there within a decent amount of time because the nurse took me back, took my weight and what not and finished her end of the process before 9:30.

Now all I had to do was wait for the doctor.

[Side note: because the office is affliated with the University some of the nursing faculty must work at the clinic during the summers or what not because I saw one of my professors there. I have to admit that I wasn't a particular fan of hers but I'm just thankful that she wasn't my nurse. :D]

I saw in that room reading the book I'd thankfully brought along with me for more than half an hour (probably closer to forty-five minutes) before the doctor came. She didn't actually do any of the examination stuff then. She simply asked me questions about family history and other such stuff. Then she left again.

I changed into the gown and waited.

When five minutes passed I got my book back out and read for another twenty minutes or so.

The doctor returned (just as I put a piece of graham cracker in my mouth by the way...lol), did the examinations, told me that I'm really healthy, to stay that way and I could go.

I spent an hour and a half of my day in that office just to find out what I already know...I'm healthy.

Well, at least I can count the blessing of health.

2 comments:

Eric said...

And if you had just stopped over here, I would have told you the same thing and it would have only cost that graham cracker. =)

eva said...

now that one was better...