Wednesday, September 26, 2007

On ... As Good as Dead by Patricia Rushford

I have to say that I was rather disappointed with this book.

As the book drifted to the end I became completely confused with the jumps in narration and the seeming "too-nice" bad guys. I couldn't figure out who was good or who was bad. Usually with a mystery that's a good thing. In this case the confusion caused the ending to be anti-climactic.

One other thing that I noticed about the book (the author actually because I noticed this with the other book in the series that I read) is that Patricia Rushford gives far too much backstory in the beginning of the book. It is almost as if she hands the backstory to the reader on a silver platter. Hmm...perhaps that's why I love Angela Hunt's books so much. She makes a concerted effort to avoid ang backstory until after page 30 (or 50 but I can't remember),

Overall though the book was decent and served its purposed...nice light reading for the evening.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I think I enjoy stories where the back story is woven well into the story throughout.