Sunday, September 30, 2007

On... The Shining Badge and all other Winslow series books by Gilbert Morris

It's been a couple of years since I read any books by Gilbert Morris. I held out hope that they wouldn't be terrible and I could at least read them and derive some pleasure.

The writing is so absolutely pedestrian I could barely stand it.

There are several other books of his on my list. I think that I will read them in order to learn exactly what my own writing should look like.

Most of the time when I criticize something in detail it is because the writing shows great promise but there are things that can be improved to make the writing closer to perfect. When something is extremely terrible I don't really feel like criticizing it at all.

There will not be any more reviews of any Gilbert Morris books that I read, unless somehow a jewel is hidden among the junk.

No comments: