Wednesday, October 03, 2007

On... The Brethren by Beverly Lewis

Once again I returned to a favorite author after a few years hiatus. After reading Gilbert Morris I didn't raise my expectations. Thankfully I wasn't disappointed. In fact I was quite impressed.

I did enter the book at a slight disadvantage by reading the last book in the series before the first two. (That's what happens when one gets the books from the library. Whatever was available on my list I grabbed)

My disadvantage was caused by something I admire...the lack of recap of the previous books in the beginning of the book. As I journeyed through the book I learned more about the subtlties of the characters and plot.

Another positive: Even though the plethora of characters confused me at first but Lewis didn't introduce too many and deftly weaved the stories together so that I soon sorted out the identities of the characters.

Honestly, I can't really think of a negative to tell about the book though I believe that I thought of one or two as I was reading.

Even now the end choices of the two main characters make me think, a positive thing I think.

No comments: