Friday, October 19, 2007

On ... Tender Mercies by Lauraine Snelling

This book filled in a lot of the gaps that I was missing in the story line and fulfilled my desire to learn a little bit more about the characters. Sometimes I have an insatiable thirst to learn the stories of people I read about or see knowing that even if the story is similar to something or many things that I've already been acquainted with and this book fit that desire perfectly.

Mrs. Snelling limited the story--somewhat--to a couple lines and thus I wasn't too distracted trying to figure things out.

A few times Mrs. Snelling stretched the imagination in describing the reaction of a few characters to different events. Thankfully, unlike Mr. Morris, Mrs. Snelling avoids carrying out those tepid descriptions throughout the book.

The characters are nearly as fully developed as they can be in a book/series like this. Each has his own flaws and admirable qualities and no one character is completely alike.

Mrs. Snelling's book are a nice enjoyable read for a rainy afternoon or for any random time.

No comments: