Friday, October 19, 2007

On ... A Land to Call Home by Lauraine Snelling

This book did explain a few details that I did not know when I read the last book of the series. One would expect that .

In comparison, I enjoyed Blessing in Disguise more than this particular book. Snelling, in my opinion tried too hard to tell the stories of at least three different women. All of those women had at least a page or two of “narration” in Blessing but the primary story was that of Augusta.

I have to admit that I was at least partially distracted because of the fact that I am currently sitting in the family waiting room of the surgical center while my dad has surgery to repair a herniated disk. Having a cheesy soap opera on just above my head and countless people walking by is not conducive to reading relatively quickly and thoroughly.

Other than the above-mentioned criticism--too many storylines and people to keep up with easily--I have nothing else to criticize about the story. In fact, Snelling developed her characters so well that I would rather read one story about each of them than one story about all.

No comments: