Saturday, October 20, 2007

On ... The Preacher's Daughter by Beverly Lewis

This is by far my favorite of Beverly Lewis' books that I have read during this challenge. Perhaps that is because this book is the first in the series and very well introduces the various characters without simply stating their various attributes.

Even though I have read the last book in the series and know how everything ends, Mrs. Lewis' writing compels me to keep reading the other books in the series and find out even more about these characters.

Although a couple subplots are evident underneath the primary plot Mrs. Lewis weaves them together to create a story so whole that one plot/story cannot be told without the other. Perhaps that comes fromt the fact that the lives of those in an Amish community are already so closely intertwined.

As always, reading one of Lewis' books makes me think about the Amish lifestyle in relation to a relationship with God.

No comments: