Monday, October 15, 2007

On ... Blessing in Disguise by Lauraine Snelling

Again I return to an old favorite, Lauraine Snelling. As a teenager I read her young adult novels voraciously. I loved horses...admit it...what teenage girl doesn't love those beautiful creatures. :D

The three books of hers that I checked out from the library this round were the third, fifth and sixth in the series. Dummy me accidentally picked up the sixth book from my own pile and just started reading.

To be honest, save for a few details about various relaitonships in the book I did not find myself at a disadvantage.

After reading those Morris books I braced myself at the beginning when I saw hints of pedistrian writing...but the hints remained only hints. While I saw a few things that I could do without I enjoyed the book and loved learning to love the characters.

Would I buy it? Probably not.

Was it a good book? Yes

Was it somewhat predictable? Yes

No comments: