Wednesday, April 02, 2008

On... Every Secret Thing by Ann Tatlock

Ann Tatlock continues to be one of my absolute favorite authors. If she publishes a new book I will buy the book even without knowing what the book is about.

This book chronicles a time in the life of an English teacher at a prep school in Delaware. Beth loves books, even more than I do. I totally identified with her. I also identified with the really normal pace of the story and the completely believable pacing in the story.

Ann Tatlock weaves together Beth's memories, one of her student's writing and interweaving stories in the present time concerning Beth's search to understand why a favorite teacher would try to commit suicide and her favorite student's desire to be loved.

While some may say that the pacing is too slow I considered the pacing appropriate for the nature of the story. A true book lover will become absolutely infatuated with this book.

No comments: