Saturday, April 19, 2008

On... Stoner's Crossing by Judith Pella

Growing up I thoroughly enjoyed Judith Pella's books, specifically those she cowrote with Michael Phillips... the Stonewycke series and also another of her series which shall remain nameless because I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

I knowo better than to judge a book by its cover because I have been proven wrong in the past but just looking at the cover brought up memories of Gilbert Morris' books and while this book did not approach this level in the least I did find myself disappointed. I'm finding that a lot with authors that I loved as a kid and return to other books of theirs years later.

Another fact that worked against me was the fact that this book is the sequel to another book and many of the relationships I didn't understand. Pella included enough twists and turns to keep me interested in the book.

I wouldn't recommend the book though but there's nothing to make me slam the book. I'm pretty neutral on it.

No comments: