Sunday, July 13, 2008

On... Inkspell by Cornelia Funke

Wow. I absolutely loved this book. Unfortunately, I stabbed myself in the foot because I didn't realize that this is the second book in the series. Now when I go and read Inkheart, the first in the series, I'll have a jump start on where all of the characters end up. :D

Already I am eagerly anticipating the third book in the trilogy. (Just like the Christopher Paolini book)


Cornelia Funke weaves together such a beautiful fanciful world where words have such profound effect. I cannot imagine what it would be like to live in my own creation. of course, I hope I would have more of a conscience than Fenoglio, the author in this creation.

My heart absolutely broke at the end. I won't say why because that would give away a major plot point for those who might end up reading the book.

I was slightly daunted by the 635 pages but I could not put the book down.

Wow... just about sums up my reaction.

1 comment:

Karlene said...

This book has been on my night stand forever. For some reason, it keeps getting passed over for other books. I'll have to get to it soon. Thanks for the review.