Wednesday, July 23, 2008

On... The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke

I really liked this book. I kept expecting characters from Artemis Fowl to pop out any minute. In my opinion that's a good aspect.

I fell in love with the characters although all through the book I could not figure out what the "aunt's" motive in the whole thing was. I kept expecting her to turn out to be something that she wasn't.

In the end all of the characters learned that what they were originally looking for was not what they actually wanted or what they ended up getting. I loved the lessons that Scipio, Prosper, and Victor all learned. Another minor character whose name escapes me right now got what he deserved in a laughable sort of way.

I definitely enjoyed the book and highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Karlene said...

I really liked this one too. Thanks for the review.