Saturday, August 16, 2008

On... the Legacies of the Ancient River series by Angela Hunt

I have loved every Angela Hunt book I have ever read. Thus it was with great delight that I embarked on reading this series and another to be reviewed next. Both of these series were published years before I become introduced to Hunt and her writing. I definitely enjoy playing catch up because other than that I would have to wait for her new books to be published.

Hunt has mentioned on her blog how writing for her is a process continually improved upon. She often comments on how she will go back and reread some of her older books and find all sorts of things that she would change and never write now.

I could tell with these two books, two out of the three in the series (I don't own the third and have yet to read it), that these are some of Hunt's first books. Her characteristic style has yet to develop.

Don't take that to mean that I didn't enjoy the books. I most certainly did. I have an affinity for well-written books that explore the stories of the Bible. Hunt has written several of my favorites.

I definitely recommend these books, based on the lives of Joseph and a few other Biblical characters from the time period.

No comments: