Tuesday, August 05, 2008

On... Skellig by David Almond

I didn't know quite what to think about this book. I kept wondering where the book was going and what the point was. I thought at first that the message of the book was reaching out to the unlovable because the main character brought food as often as he could to this really disgusting creature.

Yes... creature

Skellig, the creature, turned out to be some sort of evolved creature, a cross between a human and some sort of bird. I don't really know what the message of the book and didn't really understand where it was supposed to be going.

I don't recommend this book.

1 comment:

Karlene said...

I usually like weird books like this. The concept looks interesting. But maybe I'll put it on my "read if I have time" list.Thanks for the review.