Friday, November 16, 2007

On Shirley by Charlotte Bronte

Combining the reading challenge with nanowrimo doesn't really mix well. I'm hoping to catch back up on my list as November ends. Moving on to the review for the day.

I hadn't actually heard of this book before I added it to my list and found myself intriqued by the description of the book on the dust jacket. I guess I did myself an injustice by trying to read the book as fast as I did. Books loaded with description as Bronte and Austin books are, cannot really be read so quickly.

Actually I just realized that hte fact that I wished I had read the book slower is a good sign. I know that from what I read and thoroughly injested much more deslicious morsels lay undiscovered in the sentences I simply scanned rather than actually read.

Towards the end of the book though things did get a little confusing as I tried to figure out the difference between Louis and Henry Moore (pretty important when it comes to the plot.

Though I didn't think I would enjoy the book I really did.

No comments: