Saturday, March 29, 2008

On Hideaway by Hannah Alexander

I read a couple of books by this author, a pen name for a husband and wife duo, a few years back. I enjoyed the books but I must not have been absolutely captivated by them because I didn't rush out or even casually pursue subsequent books published by the pair.

The jury is out on whether or not I will still hold to that assumption.

After this book, the first in the Hideaway series, I would go out and check out the next book from the library. Heh... I would if I hadn't already done so. :D

Just a disclaimer before I begin. I found myself slightly distracted as I read this book because the only version of the book my library owned is large print. No, I don't have eye problems but I love reading the first book in a series at the very beginning. :D

I did enjoy this book and enjoyed it even more when Alexander brought the two seemingly unconnected plot lines together. The book begins with Cheyenne Allison, a doctor working in the ER of Missouri Regional Hospital and Dane Gideon, a rancher who runs a ranch for troubled (though that's not the best word for it) teens in little ole Hideaway, Missouri.

At the beginning of the book the two plot lines continue on completely separate paths but gel when Alexander brings Cheyenne to Hideaway after a tragic event back home. Though the romance between Dane and Cheyenne is evident in the beginning of the book Alexander does not push the romance on the readers or let the budding romance overwhelm the bigger issues in Hideaway or back at Missouri Regional, issues which actually drive the plot.

I enjoyed this book and believe that I will enjoy the next book even if the main characters are no longer Dane and Cheyenne.

No comments: