Thursday, June 05, 2008

On... Road Trips!

Finally, a post that is not a book review!
After I graduate from the Masters Program next spring my dad and I are going to take a cross country road trip. Although we have had to scale down our original goal of reaching nearly every state west of Indiana I will be able to add 17 states to my have been in list.

A few days ago my father mentioned to me that we should start looking for sponsors for our trip... to make it more affordable of course. :D I didn't know quite what to think of the idea because of course, he and I aren't famous at all. Hardly anyone even reads this blog besides my father. :D

Then I dropped by one of the blogs I frequently visit and noticed that Karlene at inksplasher.blogspot.com is going on a road trip with her daughter and has gotten sponsors! Of course... not big huge corporations but donations of all sorts and other such thing. I couldn't believe that I discovered this a day after my father brought the idea to me. Now I know that he isn't completely insane. :D

Thanks Karlene so much for planning this road trip and being so organized in offering all of these challenges!

2 comments:

Eric said...

"You're welcome" I think...lol

I talked to our IT guy and he was pyched about the idea, said we can do it on Blogspot,and not only get sponsors but possibly draw income by allowing related advertising on the blog. He said he would help. I'm working on details.

By the way, do you have a general time frame for the trip?

Karlene said...

Hi Eva. We're home from our road trip and getting all the prizes ready for shipping. E-mail me your snail mail address. And thanks for playing.

Karlene & Megan

P.S. We still have a couple of contests going until the 19th. Come play some more. :)