Sunday, June 29, 2008

On... The Shakespeare Stealer series by Gary Blackwood

Once again I have discovered another young adult series that I absolutely love and wish had been around when I was that age. Of course, I didn't miss out completely because obviously I got to read the books now. :D

The series is narrated by Widge, who later takes the name of James Pope, an orphan who through a series of events ends up as a player in William Shakespeare's acting company.

Blackwood though writing for a young audience infuses the books with serious issues through written at an appropriate level. I fell in love with the books and the aspect of writing. As a writer I kind of have an affinity for anything that has to do with the process of writing and to go behind the scenes, albeit fictionally, of the writing of some of the greatest and certainly most well known plays of all times absolutely thrilled me!

This series definitely has a place on my want to own list and I strongly recommend it!

1 comment:

Karlene said...

I'll have to check that out. :)