Wednesday, June 18, 2008

On... The Supernaturalists by Eoin Colfer

I absolutely loved this book! I fell in love with Colfer's writing while I read the Artemis Fowl series. He created a character and world so utterly unique, like nothing I had ever seen before.

Also on my list by Eoin Colfer was Half-Moon Investigations. While Colfer's writing style enlivened the book and made it somewhat worth my while I did not enjoy it as much.

I did not know what to expect when I picked up The Supernaturalists. I think I figured out why I loved the Artemis Fowl books but not Half-Moon Investigations. In Artemis Fowl and with The Supernaturalists Colfer creates a completely new world. Half-Moon Investigations stuck to reality just a little too much.

I absolutely love how Colfer weaves in so many twists and turns, betrayals and acts of loyalty into the plot line. None of these unexpected happenings come close to reading like deus ex machina... something completely unbelievable... which makes it so enjoyable. I should have seem a couple of them coming, being familiar with Colfer's style, but I haven't read any of Colfer's books for a few months so I forgot about them until afterwards.

Definitely a great book! I highly recommend it.

No comments: