Friday, June 13, 2008

On... Rowan of Rin by Emily Rodda

Rowan of Rin is the first book in a series on the assigned middle school reading list for the district where I live. Before I looked up the list to add to my grand to be read list I had never heard of the book.

I wish some of these books had been written when I was in middle school. I would have grabbed them off the shelf as fast as I could. When I was that age I absolutely loved fantasy and would have incorporated all kinds of aspects into my own writings.

This book deals with very basic issues in a very simple yet profound issues. While I as an adult could see the lessons written into the book by Rodda, Rodda weaved together very simple yet necessary lessons at a writing level perfect for many middle school students.

I can't wait to pick up the next book in the series. I love stumbling across a series after the series has been completed. I don't have to wait for the books to come out.

No comments: