Friday, December 28, 2007

On ... Doesn't she look natural? by Angela Hunt

Finally reading this book after having read about almost every part of the process on Mrs. Hunt's blog was quite enjoyable. I saw how different points she mentioned fit into the overall story.

Like usual Mrs. Hunt does not fail to please. She changes between first person scenes narrated by the main character Jennifer and several other third person scenes most of which are seen through the point of Joella, Jennifer's mother.

This book deals with many issues.. at least one of which touches close to my life... and deals with them in such a way that I can actually understand how being a mortician is not as morbid as it may seem. I honestly couldn't believe it when at the end I understood how taking care of a dead body can be such a ministry to the living.

I would tell more about the plot but I really can't without giving away spoilers that would ruin a first time read. :D

I loved this book and am amazed that I have yet to read an Angela Hunt book that I do not thoroughly enjoy.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Sounds like a good author.

Speaking of good authors, I read 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' yesterday and you were absolutely right. He is an amazing author. This is not the kind of story I usually read, but I could not put the book down. I had originally intended to just read a few chapters, but ended up devouring the entire book. Thanks for the book and the review!