Saturday, December 01, 2007

On... Truman by David McCullough

I cannot believe that I finished this book today. Pretty much the whole day has been devoted to reading all 992 pages.

Once again I learn much more about a President that previously I knew very little. This book as opposed to Mornings on Horseback spends the bulk of the time covering Truman's time as vice president(brief) and as president. I wish though that McCullough had spent more time talking about Truman's background.

Perhaps he did not spend that much time because there just isn't as much information as there is with Theodore Roosevelt. THe two men come from completely different social backgrounds and there's just more information for the upper class than there is for the lower class.

Overall this book was a tremendous read and a very good exhibition of David McCullough's talent, very long but very good.

No comments: