Sunday, December 23, 2007

On... Mixed Signals by Liz Curtis Higgs

I absolutely adore Ms. Higgs Scottish series. In all honesty I cannot get enough of those characters and love her writing style. I've never read anything else of hers before and I was not disappointed in this book.

Ms. Higgs drew me in to the lives of her characters: the main character and the other secondary characters. Even though I had accidentally read a few sentences from the last couple pages and knew how things ended up I wanted to know how Belle would get there.

So many times Ms. Higgs threw another wrench in the path of Belle and David. I kept wondering how they were going to overcome those obstacles in the remaining pages of the book. Although I think that Ms. Higgs resolved them reasonably there were a few times that I wondered how Belle could get over her anger/impatience with David within the space of just a few seconds.

The ending of the book even though I knew it was coming is a little on the too perfect side (or the side that I would love to be on some day).

No comments: