Wednesday, December 26, 2007

On... Uncharted by Angela Hunt

Once again Angela Hunt does not fail to please. For Christmas I received three of her most recent book (with one more on the way) and just finished Uncharted. Boy do I love that book!

I knew, having read Mrs. Hunt's blog and from reading other reviews of the book, that this book is definitely "out there" even in comparison to other books of hers. I absolutely loved it. In fact, her "expect the unexpected" is one of the reason why I absolutely love the book.

I can't really review the book adequately because that would give away a good part of the book that should not be learned until Mrs. Hunt reveals it in the book. This plot twist definitely stretches the imagination for believers and many (including some of my own relatives) would not like this twist at all.

Me on the other hand... I love that kind of stuff. I'm not one to limit God. Who says that there can't be any time traveling? (No. There's no time traveling in the book. That's just the example that I normally use. :D)

I love Mrs. Hunt's style. For the prologue and epilogue she uses present tense verbs, not a technique that is commonly used, and shifts to past tense... the most common... for the majority of the book which takes place a year earlier than the prologue and epilogue. That eliminates a lot of the awkward had + verb constructions.

I cannot possibly say enough about this book. I strongly recommend it to anyone willing to take a ride!

No comments: