Monday, January 14, 2008

On... A Daughter of Zion by Bodie and Brock Theone

I am so glad that I didn't have to put this book down and come back to it. I don't know if I would have been able to.

I felt completely drawn into the story of Rachel Lubetkin and Moshe Sachar. Unlike other books in these interconnected series, for the most part the narration centers with Rachel or Moshe, telling basically one story.

Of course it wouldn't be a Theone book unless other information was included. Other story lines continued along with a little information here or a little information there.

When I actually love a book as i do this one I really try to look back and figure out why I like the book so much. I know that I like the book because I love the characters but it must be more than that because there have been other compelling characters in books written by such pedestrian authors such as Gilbert Morris.

I honestly don't know why I like the book so much. I have a feeling though that I enjoyed the book because I wasn't distracted by pesky pet peeves (things I don't like in books) and because the story absolutely drew me into the book.

I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

No comments: