Tuesday, January 15, 2008

On... The Return to Zion by Brodie and Brock Thoene

I cannot get enough of this series. When I left off reading this book this morning I almost made myself late for work when I had to find out if one of the characters had actually died in such a tragic manner. She was okay.

The fact that the the Thoenes were able to draw me in so easily like that speaks to their amazing writing ability. I usually skim just a bit when I read books and especially when I try to finish a book in a single day. :D With this books one simply cannot do that. One would find oneself like me, a little lost at one point because I missed a very important detail.

The little details taste like choice morsels. I feel full when I finish one of their books and this one did not fail to meet that standard. I wish there were more hours in the day or that I didn't want to do so many other things. I would love to sit down or walk around (:D) and read the rest of the Thoene books I have sitting by my chair right now.

Once again I still strongly recommend the Thoene's to any lover of Christian historical fiction. (Granted, there have been some issues raised with their historicity but even I, a history major, am willing to forgive them their shortcomings. :D)

No comments: