Tuesday, January 22, 2008

On... The Twilight of Courage by Bodie and Brock Thone

This book was not what I expected. I thought that this book bridged the gap between the Zion Chronicles and the Zion Legacies... during the years of the war but instead it covered some of the same territory as the books at the end of the first series.

As I read through the book I noticed portions that seemed familiar. I thought that maybe I was just imagining it but as I got to the end of the book, even the last few pages I read word for word pages from the other books. I couldn't help but be disappointed.

That's not to say anything about the Thoene's writing. I did find issue with how many characters this story revolves around but the compelling drama is still there in spades.

The only reason that I would not recommend this book is because of the overlap with books of other series.

No comments: