Friday, January 25, 2008

On... Lord Brocktree by Brian Jacques

This book did not fail to contain all of the typical conventions usually present in a Redwall book.

I love these books. I fell in love with them as a child and I still love them. I have realized as I have read more and more of the books that the plot doesn't usually vary all that much. Of course, there are different characters (names at least) and different tasks that the characters must complete but usually Jacques has at least two different plots going. One group defends either Salamandastron or Redwall Abbey. The other group tries to solve a riddle of some sort which leads them on a journey to find something or rescue someone.

Most of the DIbbuns (young animals) act the same. In every book there is a little rascal of some sort. I could go on and on about the characters and how many of the character types repeat themselves in the books but that would take too much time.

As much as I love the books I do wish that Jacques could mix it up a little bit. :D

No comments: