Monday, January 14, 2008

On... One Eye Laughing the other weeping by Barry Denenberg

Once again I picked up a Dear America book. This book peeked my interest more so than usual because I have been reading books by Bodie and Brock Theone which center on the effects of World War II on Jews... and other things of course.

Something I appreciate about the Dear America books is that the authors realize that even though these characters write their stories during momentous occasions these children will write entries about inconsequential things that mean nothing to the course of history.

Even though I wish this Julie Weiss' (the main character) life had ended up differently I really enjoyed the book. I can never get enough of books written about eras such as World War II and learning the stories of all those affected by such a tragic period.

No comments: