Wednesday, January 09, 2008

On... Heart of the Lonely Exile and Land of a Thousand Dreams by B. J. Hoff

I have to say that I was disappointed when I picked up these two sequels in the An Emerald Ballad series. The compelling story line that drew me into the story and helped me forgive some of Mrs. Hoff's flaws sputtered out about halfway through Heart of the Lonely Exile.

What remained in the book were the tried and true plots of people coupling up with a few sticky triangles to sort out. When the main question of the plot revolves around "will they or won't they get married" a single girl with no prospects in mind and a somewhat discerning taste in books is left with a bitter aftertaste in her mouth.

I'll finish out this series but probably not read any more books by Mrs. Hoff. I may even sell the books that I have. I don't want my library burdened down with pedestrian writing. :D

I may or may not write a review of the other two books.

No comments: