Tuesday, January 29, 2008

On... God in the Dock by C. S. Lewis

Previous to making this huge reading list (which goes beyond what I have posted her and in the other reading challenge list) the only C. S. Lewis books I had read were the Chronicles of Narnia and 'Til we have Faces... none of his nonfiction.

God in the dock is the second of the his nonfiction books that I have read.

To be honest, it took me a while to get into the book and I never really stayed captivated by it. I don't mean to say anything against Lewis' writing because as usual Lewis uses spectacular and striking images. The structure of the book worked against itself. God in the dock is a compilation of various essays and transcripts of interviews.

The various essays were organized roughly by subject but at the same time every couple of pages the subject on which Lewis is speaking changes. For those who wish to study Lewis' writing or to simply learn more about the man I recommend this book. For those who simply admire Lewis writing in fiction and in his more famous nonfiction I would not recommend the book... too distracting.

No comments: